Saturday, January 22, 2011

I love these guys!

These guys I am referring to are Renato Poliafito and Matt Lewis, owners of the famed Baked Bakery in Brooklyn, NY and now Charleston, SC.  They are also the guys who have created my two favorite baking cookbooks.  You have seen me mention them before, and I HIGHLY recommend their cookbooks.  They will make you a ROCK STAR baker!

If it sounds like I'm gushing...well, I guess I am.  But, when every recipe you try out of a cookbook turns out deliciously amazing, what can a girl/wannabe baker, do???

I have tried several recipes out of their first book, Baked, New Frontiers in Baking, and they have all been wonderful!  So far, I've tried just one recipe out of their new book, Baked Explorations - Classic American Desserts Reinvented, and yep....awesome!  These boys really don't disappoint!

The cake I made from their new book, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake,  shown below, was so yummy!  It's like an oatmeal, chocolate chip cookie, but made as a cake w/ cream cheese frosting to top it off!
I love their books, for making me look so good!  Someday, my dream is to visit one of their bakeries...

Getting all my ingredients together...

Oats and butter...mmmmmm, good!

Oats, butter, mixed w/ brown sugar, sugar, eggs
Chocolate chips and my handy little kitchen scale.
Result:  Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, GAH! This sounds and looks so good, Lisa. MUST RESIST! MUST RESIST! :) I will try it someday, but I will try to wait until Year of Bridesmaid Dress and Wedding Gown has passed. :)

    ReplyDelete